We Love to Paint! ... and it Shows!
We are Painters-in-Germantown, Painters-in-Collierville. Painters-in-Southaven, Painters-in-Olive-Branch, Painters-in-Hernando, Painters-in-Memphis.
• At Cahoun Painting, we listen very carefully to our customers in an effort to ascertain exactly what it is YOU envision when thinking about painting your home. As color decor experts we can assist you in choosing just the right color to warm up a room and make your home pop.
• We'll provide you with paint samples and pictures of similar projects, taking into consideration your current decor, along with your likes and dislikes. We'll also suggest ideas based upon our own experience. And, if its helpful, we'll even put some sample paint colors on the wall—to help you decide which color to go with.
• Once colors are decided upon we'll also advise you regarding the appropriate type of paint finish—flat, satin, semi-gloss, or gloss—relative to the areas and the surfaces to be painted.
• Finally, we'll order and pick up the paint & supplies from our local Sherwin-Williams paint store, so you don't have to. We receive volume discounts from Sherwin-Williams, and pass those savings on to you, allowing for the finest paint finishes at the lowest possible prices---and ensuring years of beauty and durability.
First we professionally cut-in around the ceiling, doors, window trim, and baseboards, with a steady hand and fine-line precision, while simultaneously feathering the outer edges of our brush strokes to avoid overlap lines when we roll.
Then we apply blue painters tape to the tops of the baseboards to protect them from possible paint splatter specks that naturally occur when rolling the walls just above them.
Now we're ready to roll the walls in a systematic pattern with as many coats of high quality Sherwin-Williams paint needed to ensure proper coverage and a durable and professional appearance.
We Prepare a Room for Painting by:
• Removing all pictures and movables from walls.
• Moving furniture to the center of the room.
• Covering all furniture with clean plastic drops.
• Covering floors and carpets with drop cloths/tarps.
• Removing all electrical outlet plates/covers.
Then We Prepare Wall Surfaces by:
• Lightly sanding the surfaces to be painted.
• Repairing and/or floating any wall damage.
• Filling any small dents and picture holes.
• Caulking splits or cracks between walls and trim.
• Sanding all repairs & filled holes until smooth.
• Priming repairs, stains and unprimed wallboard.
• Dusting and wiping clean the baseboards and trim.
Professional Painters Follow a System
Great Painting Requires Good Preparation
Here's Our System ...
From Top to Bottom
- We wipe and replace all electrical outlet & switch plate covers.
- We remove any work related garbage.
- We carefully roll up tarps & plastic, and then remove them from the home.
- We move furniture back to its original position.
- We wipe down and dust all counter tops.
- We sweep or vacuum all rooms that we've worked in.
- We label each paint can for our customer's future touch-up convenience.
- We conduct a final inspection with the customer.
- We ask every customer if there is anything that would prevent them from giving us a good reference—and make it right if there is.
- We remind each customer of our free 30 day touch-up program and 3 year guarantee.
Neat & Clean!
When we're finished rolling, we remove the tape and touch up any light spots that might be showing through areas that we previously cut-in.
Finally, we do a final detail of the entire area we've painted by inspecting for straight cut-in lines next to trim, ceiling and baseboards, and touching-up where needed—to ensure precision lines and a professional appearance.
Calhoun Painting is proficient at dealing with all kinds of ceilings and textures including popcorn and smooth. We're good at removing old popcorn ceilings, then floating and painting them to a smooth updated finish. We employ a number of professional painting methods including brushing, rolling, fauxing and spraying—depending on the situation. We're also experts at repairing popcorn and textured ceilings. And If you're looking for a decorative dimension for your ceilings we're the guys to do it. We're great at creating designer Faux Finishes for ceilings--even making artificial ceiling beams look like real wood (as we did in the photo below).
Painting the walls of your home is one of the least expensive ways to impact not only the look and beauty of your home, but the mood. Make the inside of your home the best place to be on earth—with wall colors that are warm and inviting, and that enhance and compliment your new or existing decor. We're great with color and would love to help you with color choices that can cause the interior of your home to warmly flow together from room to room.
As professional wallpaper removal contractors, Calhoun Painting can help you determine the answers to these concerns—allowing you to make the wisest decision with regard to the most economical way to deal with old wallpaper.
Our Wallpaper Services Include
- Floating of Wallpaper Seams
- Floating Damaged Sheetrock & Walls
The trim in your home serves many purposes, but mostly to accent and frame the colors on your walls. Trim is like the outline of a picture in a coloring book. When done right, trim should look fresh, clean and precise, causing the color on your walls to look their best.
At Calhoun Painting we use a superior Sherwin-Williams paint product—ProClassic—to ensure beauty and lasting durability when painting trim. We also go to great lengths to "cut-in" the trim in such a way that the lines between trim and walls are precise, straight and professional looking. After all, we want your home to look its best!
We Proudly Use
Faux Impressions™ Latex Glaze
The various effects available from Faux Impressions ™ Latex Glaze are accomplished by applying 1 or more layers of colored glaze over a base coat. Since the Latex Glaze is translucent (tinting creates a transparent glaze and mixing with paint creates a semi-opaque glaze), the basecoat color influences the finished appearance. It is a recommended practice to preview color choices on a 2 ft by 2 ft practice board prior to painting your project area.
Duration Home® Interior Acrylic Latex
With Duration Home Interior Acrylic Latex, you’ll enjoy long-lasting durability, ideal for high-activity areas like kitchens, hallways, and bathrooms. Choose from multiple sheens and colors for that perfect washable latex finish. Duration Home carries the Sherwin-Williams’ GreenSure designation.
SuperPaint® Interior Acrylic Latex
SuperPaint goes on fast, providing superior hide, quick cleanup, easy touchup and very good durability – all of which increase your production, minimize repaints, and keep your costs down. Plus, with over 1,400 colors and unlimited Sher-Color™ color matching, SuperPaint is sure to achieve your envisioned look and keep you satisfied. It truly is a super paint, perfect for all your interior finishing jobs.
Cashmere® Interior Acrylic
Repaint a luxury room such as your bedroom, living room, dining room, den or office with a smoothness you can see and feel. Cashmere® Interior Acrylic Latex goes on effortlessly, so you get the job done with very little splatter and energy to spare. The non-sticky application levels smooth with no unsightly marks and leaves your walls with a rich, silky look. Available in a variety of scrubbable finishes, Cashmere offers beauty and durability that fit every room in the house.
ProClassic® Interior Acrylic Latex
Decorate your home’s high-touch areas with a paint that stands up to daily abuse. ProClassic Interior Acrylic Latex gives doors, windows, cabinets and trim looks that last. It goes on easily, leaving a smooth, durable finish—with no brush or roller marks. It dries quickly, so you can finish the job sooner. And it’s available in a variety of finishes, including satin, semi-gloss, gloss, and high gloss.
If you're not the one who put the paper up, chances are you don't know how it was applied, i.e., what kind of glue was used and whether the walls were sized, primed or painted before it was put on. This lack of knowledge can make a huge difference in knowing how to remove it quickly and effectively---saving money.
Also, when the wallpaper removal process isn't done correctly, the sheet rock and texture of the wall surface underneath is often damaged more than it needs to be. That means considerable more time incurred to properly "float" the walls smooth so they can be painted. And, if you don't know how to float walls smooth, you may have a real mess on your hands.
A final consideration is this: In many cases well-adhered wallpaper can simply be painted over by floating just the seams (as we did in the photo above), so that the vertical seam lines disappear appear when the painting is completed. We are experts at this and can help you decide if the paper is stable enough to do so in your case. Again, this can save you a considerable amount of time and money.
Considerations Before Removing Wallpaper
Brilliance® High Performance Ceiling Paint
Brilliance ceiling paint delivers effortless one-coat coverage, timesaving self-priming performance and a bright white finish. A true flat paint, it masks minor surface imperfections quickly and achieves outstanding uniformity immediately. The look is top-of-the-line … fresh, crisp, with high light reflectance.
We Love To Paint! ... and It Shows!
Great Interior Painting Begins With Good
Our Interior House Painting Service Area:
We are interior house painters in Germantown, TN | interior house painters in Collierville, TN | interior house painters in Memphis, TN | interior house painters in Olive Branch, MS | interior house painters in Southaven, MS | interior house painters in Hernando, MS | interior house painters in Nesbit, MS.
Calhoun Painting Company
4165 Pinehurst Blvd
Southaven, MS 38672
Business License # 3025
So What is the Best Paint for Your Home?